Saturday 6 May 2006

Secret Pal 8 - Questionaire

I have certainly missed alot this week with the exams on my mind....just to find out today, that the questionaire was given out for this.
Oh well, here we go then..
It is still: "Better a little late than never" Right?



1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
pure wool, mohair, merino
I don't like acrylics (pure acrylics that is), they are alright as in Sockwool

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A little plastik drawer
I would like to get myself one of those nifty needlecases for my dpns (the ones you can roll, some make them theirselves), they are wonderful

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for 25 years now.
at laceknitting I would consider myself an advanced knitter
Sockknitting: advanced
knitting sweaters: intermediate
Fair isle knitting: never tried, so it is none of the three...lol

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, here: (I'll add that later)

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lilac-Scent!!! (got lilacs in my wee little garden...they smell lovely!)
Lavender and Rose, Vanilla sometimes

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Sweet tooth? are you kiddin?....I am the sweet tooth in person..
Favorite candy? JellyBabies

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin as of yet (on my to learn list....sometime). I crochet, knit and do some origami with my kids (they are better at it than me... :-( ......)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes the computer/stereo plays MP3s!
Favorite music: Almost everything except Rap.
I like the music of Brian Adams, Robbie Williams (yummy!) and Phil Collins and have to admit I
can really chill out on all those "BoyBand"-Music.....lol

I absolutely love "The Corrs" and Irish Music !
And classical music, when I need to recover from a hard day.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My alltime favorite colour is Magenta and all that are in that colour family (lilac, violet, pink, hot pink...etc.)
But I also love blues and greens and orange/yellow (like sunflowers!).
I love beige and the natural colour of sheep-wool. Black is fabulous too.

I absolutely HATE brown and grey! (they are soooo dull)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am a singlemom, got 3 beautiful and very helpful girls, which are 10, 8 and 6 years old
We got a budgie named Hansi. He is about 12 years old (or even more) and a cute little guy.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves=yes in winter ;-)
Hats= NO (big no=>I hate them...)
Mittens=yes
Ponchos=Never tried actually, but I think they are pretty cool

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Doilies, Tablecloths, Socks and Shawls

13. What are you knitting right now?
3 different tablecloths, 1 mystershawl3, 1 Kiri, several different socks

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Certainly! I love them!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular needles (or dpns for socks). Bamboo, Rosewood, Ebony

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No

17. How did you learn to knit?
My Mum taught me, when I was about 6 or so (the british way). In school I learned to knit using the continental method.
You see I know to knit both ways (so Fair Isle should not be a problem....what is stopping me?)

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
3 years old

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Easter

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Sheep in all variations, that is Sheep-cups, Sheepcards, Ceramic-sheep....and the lot....;-)

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Please see the wishlist (when I added it...lol). No magazine subscriptions here, I always get the mags I want from the Papershop (the owner knows what I want and puts them aside for me...he's a good boy...lol)

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Maybe I should get my guts together and try Fair Isle one of these days

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Sock-knitter? Certainly!
Foot measurments....oooops, have to add this later on too...

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
09/05 (year: 1973)

No comments:

Post a Comment