Sunday 1 June 2008

Gracious Socks Pattern Review


I just wanted to share my thoughts about this pattern:

Gracious Socks

I purchased the pattern from the designer Terry L. Ross,

because I fell in love with it at first sight.

And I wasn't dissapointed!


Not only Terry provides a great chart as well as the written pattern,
she has also great instructions for the Toe-up construction.

The pattern is well written and very clear, easy to understand.

I have had lots of fun knitting the socks and am very happy about the great pattern.




I loved the clear instructions Terry gave for the gusset and the heel,
it was wonderful to knit this pattern
....
in fact I sailed right through them had a great knitting time!!

I must admit this:
Although I have already knitted quite a few toe-up-socks with a similar heel-construction (such as Widdershins and Beaudelaire) I never really knew what I was doing I was just following the instructions.

But with this pattern I finally "grasped" what I was doing and I am so happy about that!
And I am loving the socks that I have made, they fit perfectly....



My big thanks goes to Terry for providing this great pattern
and the super-duper-instructions it has.


I loved the pattern and this will not be the last time I have knitted these fabulous socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment